Nonconformist Women Writers, 1720-1840, Part I.
By: Whelan, Timothy.
Contributor(s): Griffin, Julia B.Material type: BookPublisher: London : Pickering & Chatto Publishers, 2011Edition: 1.Description: 1 online resource (1682 p.).ISBN: 9781781445747.Subject(s): English poetry -- 18th century | English poetry -- Women authors | Religious poetry, English -- 18th century | Women poets, English -- 18th centuryGenre/Form: Electronic books.Additional physical formats: Print version:: Nonconformist Women Writers, 1720-1840, Part IDDC classification: 821.80809287 Online resources: Click here to access online
|Item type||Current location||Call number||URL||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Electronic Book||UT Tyler Online Online||PR1177 (Browse shelf)||http://uttyler.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=1699714||Available||EBL1699714|
Description based upon print version of record.
Nonconformist Women Writers Volume 1 ; Contents of the Edition; Contents to Volume 1; Acknowledgements; General Introduction ; Note on the Texts; Introduction to Anne Steele; Anne Steele, Poems on Subjects Chiefly Devotional; I. Hymns on Various Subjects; 1. Desiring to Praise God; 2. Imploring Divine Influence; 3. Meditating on Creation and Providence; 4. Redeeming Love; 5. The Great Physician; 6. Longing Souls Invited to the Gospel-Feast; 7. Light and Deliverance; 8. A Morning Hymn; 9. An Evening Hymn; 10. On a Stormy Night; 11. Searching after Happiness; 12. Weary Souls Invited to Rest
13. Thirsting after God 14. The Favour of God the Only Satisfying Good; 15. The Transforming of Vision of God; 16. The Joys of Heaven; 17. Humble Worship; 18. Praise for National Peace; 19. The Voice of the Creatures; 20. A Rural Hymn; 21. God my Creator and Benefactor; 22. Praise to God for the Blessings of Providence and Grace; 23. Christ the Way to Heaven; 24. Life and Safety in Christ Alone; 25. An Evening Reflection ; 26. The Excellency of the Holy Scriptures ; 27. The Influences of the Spirit of God in the Heart; 28. Christ the Physician of Souls; 29. The Intercession of Christ
30. The Condescension of God31. The Heavenly Guest; 32. God the Soul's Only Portion; 33. Faith in the Joys of Heaven; 34. Strength and Safety in God Alone; 35. A Funeral Hymn; 36. Sin the Cause of Sorrow; 37. Intreating the Presence of Christ in his Churches; 38. Desiring to Trust in God; 39. Watchfulness and Prayer; 40. Divine Compassion; 41. Desiring Assurance of the Favour of Go; 42. Hope Encouraged in the Contemplation of the Divine Perfections; 43. The Incarnate Saviour; 44. Faith in God in Time of Distress; 45. Pardoning Love; 46. The Goodness of God ; 47. True Honour; 48. Divine Bounty
49. The Heavenly Conqueror50. Longing after Unseen Pleasures; 51. The Christian's Prospect ; 52. Life a Journey; 53. True Happiness to be Found Only in God; 54. Lasting Happiness; 55. Bidding Adieu to Earthly Pleasures; 56. Longing for Immortality; 57. At the Funeral of a Young Person; 58. Sin the Sting of Death; 59. The Presence of Christ the Joy of his People ; 60. Absence from God; 61. Desiring a Taste of Real Joy ; 62. Humble Reliance; 63. The Presence of God the Life and Light of the Soul; 64. Resigning the Heart to God; 65. The Inconstant Heart; 66. Cold Affections
67. The Example of Christ68. Retirement and Reflection; 69. Hope in Darkness; 70. Death and Heaven; 71. Redemption by Christ Alone; 72. The Mysteries of Providence; 73. Refuge and Strength in the Mercy of God; 74. Desiring Resignation and Thankfulness; 75. Desiring the Presence of God; 76. Christ the Life of the Soul; 77. Aspiring towards Heaven; 78. God my Only Happiness; 79. Mourning the Absence of God, and Longing for his Gracious Presence; 80. God the Only Refuge of the Troubled Mind; 81. Complaining at the Throne of Grace; 82. Submission to God under Affliction
83. Trusting in the Divine Veracity
These volumes will present, in some cases for the first time, the lives and works of a coterie of Nonconformist women writers from the West Country.